I would waffle on about what I've learned from these pieces, but to be honest I'm tired and having a stressful day, and I really can't be bothered! I may talk about them later if I'm more in the mood. I got stuck on the March piece because I saw something pretty someone else had done in those colours, bought some green beads and chose the fabric, and then sat staring at it, completely stuck, for a few weeks. I eventually just got started and let it evolve, and discovered that drawing a few circles on in pencil means that you then have to bead over the pencil lines even if you don't really want to. With the April piece, I knew I wanted to try something paisley-related with that fabric, although the deep pink/purple colour in the fabric was difficult in terms of colour-matching for beads. I ended up doing the section inside the paisley twice, the first time turned out oddly, although I only unpicked half of the largest motif. You can still see the chalk markings around it a bit, not sure how to get rid of those.
*** This entry was originally posted at http://lobsterdesigns.dreamwidth.org/16118.html where there are comments. Please comment there using OpenID. ***